Early Attachment and Development
[WLOs: 1, 2] [CLOs: 1, 3, 6]
Prior to completing this assignment, read Chapters 1 and 13 in the textbook and the Effects of Attachment Disorder on Psychosocial Development (Links to an external site.)article. Additionally, watch the video segments Patterns of Attachment and the Strange Situation: Results, and Elements of Attachment Theory, and the video Inside Out-The Growing Years: Conception to Childhood.
Research has shown that early attachment experiences can have far reaching effects on development. The work of Bowlby and Ainsworth have illustrated the importance of early bonding with caregivers to the healthy development of the child.
In this paper,
- Describe the four types of attachment identified by Bowlby.
- Describe the four types of attachment identified by Ainsworth.
- Describe how attachment experiences affect the psychosocial development of children and adolescents.
The Early Attachment and Development paper
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must use and cite at least two of the required resources provided for this assignment. Refer to Ashford Writing Center’s In-Text Citation Helper (Links to an external site.) for assistance.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.