Week 1 – Discussion Forum
8787 unread replies.111111 replies.
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Refer to the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric under the Settings icon above for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
|Standard Form Arguments [WLOs: 2, 3, 4] [CLOs: 1, 2]|
- Read the assigned chapters in your course textbook.
- Watch the following videos:
- Identifying Premises and Conclusions (Links to an external site.)
- What Is an Argument? (Links to an external site.)
- What Is a Good Argument? (Part I) (Links to an external site.)
- What Is a Good Argument?: The Logic Condition (Links to an external site.)
- The Value of Using Standard Form (Links to an external site.)
- Complete the interactive module PHI 103 Premises and Conclusions (Links to an external site.).
Your instructor will choose the discussion question and post it as the first post in the discussion forum. Answer all the questions in the prompt, and read any resources that are required to complete the discussion properly. If you have not done so already, begin by choosing a topic from the Final Paper Options list to use in your writing assignments in this course. You can find these options here downloador under the required resources for the course.