Assignment: Plan of Care Proposal
In this Assignment, you will develop a plan of care proposal. This plan of care will be in the form of a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation. Please include the following information in your PowerPoint.
- Introduction of Presenter: 1 slide
- Summary of POI: 2–3 slides
- Highlights from Interview of Case Manager: 1 slide
- Discussion of Legislative Issue: 1 slide
- Discussion of Legal and Ethical Issues Related Your POI: 1 slide
- Technology in your POI (currently used technology and your
- idea for new technology): 2 slides
- Population Health Model — Visualization and Description of Model Developed: 1–2 slides
- Best Practices/Recommendations for Case Management in Your POI: 2–3 slides
- Barriers to Implementing Best Practices: 1 slide
- How to Overcome Barriers: 1 slide
- Quiz for the Audience — Three Review Questions for Audience: number of slides will vary
- Summary of Information: 1 slide
- Opportunity for Questions
- List of References
- Citations should be included on slides throughout presentation
You will present this PPT two required times:
- Recorded Audio PPT: Please record audio to your PPT presentation. This will be submitted to the Dropbox. The finished Assignment should be a narrated PowerPoint presentation of 16–20 slides, not including title and reference slides. You will use audio rather than speaker notes for your presentation. The audio presentation should be at least 12 minutes and not exceed 15 minutes. The viewpoint and purpose of this Assignment should be clearly established and sustained.
- Healthcare Professional Presentation: You are required to present this presentation to a fellow healthcare worker during Unit 8. Preferably, this person has experience with your POI and/or works in complex care management. See below information:
Healthcare Professional Presentation: Presentation may occur face to face or in a technology-based format such as an Adobe® meeting room, Google® Hangouts®, or Google Meet®. If you are presenting via technology, please email this Assignment Feedback form to your audience member and ask that individual to complete the form and return to you. If in person, have the form filled out and scan it into Dropbox. The presentation must be to an individual not enrolled in NU499 and not associated with this class or university.
Dropbox Submission: Both the recorded audio PPT and the feedback form should be uploaded to the Dropbox.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary;
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors; and
- review APA formatting and citation information found in the Writing Center, online, or elsewhere in the course.
Your writing Assignment should:
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th edition format for organization, style, and crediting sources, including:
- properly formatted header
- use of in-text citations
- title and reference slides
- headings (if applicable)
Submit your work to the Assignment Dropbox before midnight on the last day of the unit.
Clinical Practice Experience Log
This course contains Assignments where you will be required to submit a Clinical Practice Experience Log. This document will be used to record the number of practice experience hours and the type of practice experience activities. Students who fail to submit the Clinical Practice Experience Log to the Dropbox with the specified Assignment will post a failing grade (“F”) for the course as a whole, regardless of performance on Discussion topics, Seminars, and other Assignments.
Complete the Assignment as indicated. Record the hours that you spent completing each aspect of this Assignment (preparation, reading, writing, presenting, etc.) on the Clinical Practice Experience Log (located under Course Resources). Use the same log as you complete this for each Assignment. By the end of this course you should have one Clinical Practice Experience Log complete with all of your entries.
Submit the Clinical Practice Experience Log to the Dropbox with your Assignment