Assignment: Legislative Letter
Identify a current piece of legislation affecting comprehensive case management and specifically your population of interest, and then find a local or national contact (i.e., a senator, congressperson, or local lawmaker). After learning about the legislation, compose a professional letter supporting or contesting the passing of the legislation.
For reference, the Assignment directions are:
Letter to Legislative Contact
In this Assignment, you will research your POI and find a current legislative issue related to your POI. Once you have identified this issue, you will find a lawmaker/legislator that you can contact regarding this issue. You may contact a local, state, or national lawmaker. Once you have identified the issue and lawmaker, you will write a professional letter and send this letter to the lawmaker. You will also submit a copy of the letter to the Dropbox. Please consult the Writing Center on how to write a professional letter. This letter may be mailed or emailed to the lawmaker.
Create a professional letter to a lawmaker that includes the following:
- Short introduction of yourself/how you are related to the POI.
- Summary of your POI.
- Discussion of how the current law/proposed legislation affects the POI.
- Suggestion for action: what you would like this lawmaker to do regarding this legislation.
- Closing statement/summary.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary;
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors; and use APA 6th edition format for organization and style.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics.
Submit your work to the Assignment Dropbox before midnight on the last day of the unit.
Clinical Practice Experience Log
This course contains Assignments where you will be required to submit a Clinical Practice Experience Log. This document will be used to record the number of practice experience hours and the type of practice experience activities. Students who fail to submit the Clinical Practice Experience Log to the Dropbox with the specified Assignment will post a failing grade (“F”) for the course as a whole, regardless of performance on Discussion topics, Seminars, and other Assignments.
Complete the Assignment as indicated. Record the hours that you spent completing each aspect of this Assignment (preparation, reading, writing, presenting, etc.) on the Clinical Practice Experience Log (located under Course Resources). Use the same log as you complete this for each Assignment. By the end of this course you should have one Clinical Practice Experience Log complete with all of your entries.
Submit the Clinical Practice Experience Log to the Assignment Dropbox.