Clinical Practice Teaching Plan
When nurses establish partnerships with leaders in service-based community organizations, improved health outcomes may occur. Strategic partnerships can address major health concerns in an at-risk population. Through collaborative and committed efforts, improved health outcomes of a culturally and diverse will result.
The education initiative you will design focuses on the primary prevention of a community health problem that you view as a health concern in a vulnerable population. The data you have you gathered by assessing the overall health of your community will suggest an area that is amenable to nursing intervention.
Based on your assessment of population health risks you will develop a formal teaching plan. You will use the template provided in Course Resources for your teaching plan.
In the introductory information you will:
- Identify the population of interest.
- Provide concise information about the population-based health risk with supporting data.
- Identify the consequences of the problem (if not addressed).
- Identify the community leader who you will collaborate with to support your plan.
- Prepare to address any faulty reasoning or unfounded assumptions about the health concern.
- Identify the presentation format and setting where the education will occur.
- Include a clear, concise introductory paragraph in narrative form.
The teaching plan will include content related to the following:
- Three learning objectives that address prevention or reduction of problem
- Three brief overviews of teaching content to address each learning objective
- Three desired health outcomes
NOTE: Please refer to the Unit 6 Learning Activity to prepare for writing learning objectives.
Your Assignment must use a minimum of three references; one can be your text. You must include a separate references page(s). Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th Edition formatting and citation style for your references.