Evaluating a Health Care System
The purpose of this Assignment is to select one health care system from around the world and, using evidence-based and peer-reviewed resources, evaluate the effectiveness of the system.
You read about a number of health care delivery systems throughout the world. Using research with three evidence-based, peer-reviewed resources, the final step in understanding each health care system is evaluating its effectiveness for the population it serves. In this 2–3-page evaluative essay, excluding the title page and reference page, you will discuss:
- An introduction to the health care system you have chosen to evaluate (any country BUT the U.S.’s healthcare system) (1 paragraph)
- The population’s access to health care (1 paragraph)
- The type of health care delivery system (i.e., publicly funded, private, single payer, etc.) (2–3 paragraphs)
- The effectiveness of the healthcare system for the population (3–4 paragraphs)
- A brief comparison to the U.S. healthcare system (may use a simple chart or table)
- Conclusion (1 paragraph)
Note: The number of paragraphs is a suggestion, not a requirement, and the evaluative essay should be continuous writing with a sustained point of view. Learner autonomy can be used to develop the amount of content you include within the page limitations of the Assignment.
You must include at least three evidence-based, peer-reviewed resources to support your ideas. These include .gov and .org professional websites, journal articles, and your textbook(s).
You must include headings in your paper indicating each section. This is a key concept to professional writing. It is also a fantastic method for ensuring you have met all Assignment requirements. Use the grading rubric as a checklist once you are completed to verify you have addressed all components of the Assignment.
To view the grading rubric for this Assignment, please visit the grading rubrics section of the Course Home.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the grading rubric (under the Course Home) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th Edition format.