Topic: Differentiating between Global Health Initiatives
Get your passports ready! You are taking a trip to explore one country and culture of interest and the global health initiatives that support their needs. In this Discussion, please share the following information using evidence-based practice to support your thoughts:
- What global health initiative are you exploring based on the country/culture of interest you chose (i.e., Guatemala/G.A.I.N., Philippines/Malaria, LGBQ/HIV/AIDS)?
- What is the history of need for each global health initiative?
- Who funds the global health initiative?
- Where are the initiatives implemented (rural areas, urban areas, hospitals, mobile clinics, etc.)?
- Have the global health initiatives been successful with their missions thus far?
- What is the role of the transcultural nurse in the global health initiative?
To assist you in your search for global health initiatives, please visit the following sites: