The Effects of Transcultural Nursing Theories on Practice
The purpose of this explanatory paper is to use the knowledge gained from the short audio clip (podcast transcript) from Janice Andrews, the readings, and the Discussion Board conversations to explore how transcultural nursing theories affect nursing practice.
Below is a list of transcultural nursing theories. Choose the theory indicated by the first letter of your last name:
|Last Name Starts With:|
|(A–D)||Dr. Leininger’s Theory of Cultural Care|
|(E–H)||Giger and Davidhizar’s Model of Transcultural Nursing|
|(I–L)||Papadopoulous and Taylor Model for Transcultural Nursing and Health|
|(M–P)||Spector’s Health Traditions Model|
|(Q–T)||Ramsden’s Cultural Safety Model Cultural Safety Model|
|(U–Z)||The Purnell Model for Cultural Competence|
Then, discuss the following in 2–4 pages, excluding the title and reference pages:
- Who created the theory?
- When was this theory created and what was the circumstances of its need for creation?
- What are the main components of the theory?
- Apply this theory directly to a scenario you have experienced (or read about) with patient care (direct or indirect).
- Is this theory applicable to your current work environment? Explain.
- How does the theory influence transcultural nursing practice?
- How do transcultural nurses move cultural care to the forefront of nursing practice using the components of the theory?
You must include at least three evidence-based, peer-reviewed resources to support your ideas. These include .gov and .org professional websites, journal articles, and your textbook(s).
You must include headings in your paper indicating each section. This is a key concept to professional writing. It is also a fantastic method for ensuring you have met all Assignment requirements. Use the grading rubric as a checklist once you are completed to verify you have addressed all components of the Assignment.
The viewpoint and purpose of this Assignment should be clearly established and sustained.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the grading rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- include a title and reference page(s);
- be double spaced and in 12-point Times New Roman font;
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th edition format.