Core Measures/Quality Improvement
In this Assignment, you will be evaluating performance of outcome measures and proposing a plan for improvement.
- Go to the Medicare.gov Hospital Compare website: https://www.medicare.gov/hospitalcompare/search.html
- Enter your zip code and pick the three hospitals closest to you to compare
- Find comparison data related to “30-day readmission” in particular review data on COPD, Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Pneumonia, and Stroke”
Once you have reviewed the data, you will then develop an essay including the following information:
- Compare/Contrast Data from the three hospitals
- Discuss the relationship of this data to the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services “Core Measures”
- Explain the implications of the data failing to meet benchmarks
- Choose one of the hospital’s core measures to create a plan for improvement
- Choose a design model and create a Plan for Improvement (i.e.: PDSA, Six Sigma, Lean Concepts, Quality by Design)
- Discuss how the performance data will be measured
- Explain how the Plan for Improvement will be evaluated for effectiveness and success
The finished essay should be 5-6 pages, excluding title page and reference page.
Your work must contain 3-5 scholarly references.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above)
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary;
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors; and
- review APA formatting and citation information found in the Writing Center, online, or elsewhere in the course.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th edition format for organization, style, and crediting sources including:
- properly formatted header
- 12-point, double-spaced, Times New Roman font
- use of in-text citations
- title page and reference page
- use of headings (if applicable)
Submit the Assignment to the unit Dropbox before midnight on the last day of the unit.