Fundamentals of Case/Care Management
Read the following scenario and Assignment instructions to successfully complete the Assignment.
You are a Registered Nurse who works for a large metropolitan healthcare system. This healthcare system has recently been scrutinized for the large number of readmissions of chronically ill patients such as those with congestive heart failure (CHF) and type 2 diabetes (T2D). As a RN working on the medical/surgical unit you come into direct contact with many of those readmitted patients. Nursing administration has decided to appoint you to lead a workgroup on developing a Case/Care Management nursing presence in the healthcare system. The first step in this process is to develop an essay describing the fundamentals of case/care management, standards and scope of case/care management, and a description of the knowledge and skills needed for successful case/care management. The second step will be to develop a job description for this position. For this assignment, you are tasked with developing this essay and job description.
Your descriptive essay should be 3-4 pages, not including title and reference pages, and contain the following:
- Descriptions and information on: fundamentals of case/care management, interpretation of the scope and standards of practice, required knowledge, and skills necessary for a case/care management RN.
- A 1-page job description: Job summary, roles/responsibilities, skills needed, education, and qualifications. The job description should be included as an Appendix to the essay.
References Required: 3-5 references in 6th edition APA formatting and citation style.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above)
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary;
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors; and
- review APA formatting and citation information found in the Writing Center, online, or elsewhere in the course.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th edition format for organization, style, and crediting sources including:
- properly formatted header
- 12-point, double-spaced, Times New Roman font
- use of in-text citations
- title page and reference page
- use of headings (if applicable)
Submit the Assignment to the unit Dropbox before midnight on the last day of the unit.