Health Promotion and Education Presentation
In this Assignment, you will create a comprehensive health promotion and education plan for a specified population health concern. This plan will be delivered in the form of a PowerPoint presentation that you will present to the class, the course professor, and a Case/Care Management professional of your choice. The presentation to the class and professor will be done in Adobe Meeting Room and will be scheduled by your course professor. You will be responsible for arranging the presentation with the Case/Care Management professional and turning this feedback form verifying this presentation was completed.
For this presentation, assume the role of a Case/Care Management professional who has been asked to teach nurses on the best practices for creation of a comprehensive health promotion and education plan. The presentation of your plan should be no more than fifteen (15) minutes in length.
Choose a Population Health concern (consider the data you reviewed in Unit 8 and/or do a search for your local population health data to determine an appropriate disease/health concern to focus on). Examples include: COPD, CHF, Depression, Anxiety, Obesity, and Diabetes.
Include the following in your PowerPoint presentation:
- Introduction: Self-introduction (1 slide)
- Description of Population Health Concern (1-2 slides)
- Justification for specific Population Concern (1 slide)
- Important Facts to Know about chosen Population Health Concern (2 slides)
- What Needs to be Included in the Health Promotion/Education Plan (1 slide)
- Population Health Model of Choice (1 slide)
- Change Theory Chosen for Health Promotion/Education Plan (1 slide)
- Structure of Plan (1-2 slides)
- How is This a Holistic Plan: client-focused, cultural considerations (1 slide)
- How will this Plan Improve Population Health (1 slide)
- What are your Educational Outcomes (1 slide)
- Evaluation – How Will You Measure Success of the Plan (1 slide)
- Sample of the Plan –
- Create three (3 slides) as an example of what you will be teaching patients/clients
- Present those slides as if you were presenting to patients/clients
- Slides should cover: health maintenance, symptom management, and wellness promotion
- Question Slide (1 slide)
- Reference Slide (1 slide)
- Five Scholarly References Required
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above)
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary;
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors; and
- review APA formatting and citation information found in the Writing Center, online, or elsewhere in the course.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th edition format for organization, style, and crediting sources including:
- properly formatted header
- 12-point, double-spaced, Times New Roman font
- use of in-text citations
- title page and reference page
- use of headings (if applicable)
Submit the Assignment to the unit Dropbox before midnight on the last day of the unit.