Course Outcome assessed in this assignment:
NU420-4: Investigate principles of quality improvement and healthcare policy to improve healthcare in diverse and global populations.
You are a registered nurse (RN) in the intensive care unit (ICU) at your facility. The ICU has 24 beds, 1 nurse manager, 4 clinical nurse specialists (on a rotating schedule), and 6 charge nurses (on a rotating schedule). Typically, your unit has anywhere from 18-24 patients per shift. In order to climb the clinical ladder, you have been asked to create a new policy for your unit that will improve patient outcomes related to one of the following topics:
- Safety of care
- Patient experience
- Effectiveness of care
- Timeliness of care
- Efficient use of medical imaging
- Choose one healthcare outcome.
- Research best practices for improving the healthcare outcome.
- Identify the best methods for implementing the best practices for your healthcare outcome of choice.
- Create your policy using the provided template.
- Use citations and references in your policy. At least two peer reviewed evidence-based practice resources should be used to support your policy development.
- You do not need a title page, running head, or double line spacing.
- You do need a reference page in APA format.
Submit your completed policy proposal Assignment to the Dropbox.