Respond to the following Journal prompt by utilizing information you learned this week in class as well as your own experience and knowledge.
Reflect on the elements that should be included in the comprehensive holistic health exam including culture and values, family and social roles, self-care behaviors, job-related stress, developmental tasks, and failures and frustrations of life.
- How does a physical assessment differ from a comprehensive holistic health assessment?
- Which elements, listed above, are the least challenging and which are the most challenging to incorporate into your current assessment routine?
- What value does the information from these elements hold about a person’s health?
- What will be your biggest hurdle in adding the elements listed above to your daily practice?
Before you finalize your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Journal prompt carefully;
- consult the Grading Rubric in the Course Resources to make sure you have included everything necessary;
- utilize spell check and grammar check to minimize errors; and
- access information regarding APA citation information, such as the Writing Center if needed.
Your Journal entry should:
- clearly establish and sustain the viewpoint and purpose of the prompt;
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th edition format for crediting sources.
Submit your Journal to the unit Dropbox before midnight on the last day of the unit.