Cultural Advocacy Worksheet
The purpose of this Assignment is to reflect upon the benefits and challenges associated with healthcare and nursing in a multicultural, diverse world. The interprofessional leadership role of the nurse as a cultural advocate will be explored.
Course Outcomes practiced in this Assignment:
NU300-2: Assess how culture and values affect community care within interprofessional healthcare teams.
GEL-8.02: Apply Critical Thinking to use principles of sound reasoning.
PC-4.1: Assess the value of multiculturalism and diversity in the global environment.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th Edition format for crediting any necessary sources.
How to Submit
Please label your projects: username-project-unit.doc. For example, a student named Tina Allen would name her file TAllen-AssignmentName-Unit4.doc. Submit your Assignment in Unit 4 Assignment Dropbox by the end of the unit.