The purpose of this Assignment is to utilize the knowledge gained in this course to conduct an inventory of your own leadership characteristics and correlate leadership to patient safety.
Course Outcome practiced in this Assignment:
NU300-1: Appraise the leadership characteristics necessary for professional nursing leadership.
- Review the leadership characteristics discussed on pages 172–173 of your textbook (Whitehead, Weiss, & Tappen as cited in Blais & Hayes, 2016).
- Complete the Leadership Inventory Results Worksheet.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th Edition format for crediting any sources.
How to Submit
Please label your projects: username-project-unit.doc. For example, a student named Tina Allen would name her file TAllen-AssignmentName-Unit2.doc. Submit your Assignment in Unit 2 Assignment Dropbox by the end of the unit.