You are the manager of a nursing department. A new chief executive officer (CEO) has taken over the top leadership position and is requiring every nurse manager to develop at least one innovative strategy to promote quality patient care. Utilizing the nursing process as your guide, you will formulate a plan for an innovation in patient care delivery for an entire nursing department or unit. You are charged with the responsibility of developing a comprehensive and complete plan that addresses all technology services in your nursing department or unit.
For this assignment, prepare a report of 3–5 pages that describes the plan for innovation in patient care delivery in the nursing department or unit. It should include all of the following:
- Title page
- Introduction: This should explain what the paper is about, including the purpose of your report.
- Assessment: Identify the area, service, or product requiring innovation. Describe how you will approach an inventory of technology for your nursing department or unit and how you will prioritize your findings.
- Diagnosis: Diagnose (identify) problems, and discuss how and why innovation is needed.
- Plan: Provide your suggestions and recommendations for action. You may wish to include the following:
- Examine the literature surrounding and supporting your area of innovation.
- Recommend the strategies and processes needed to effectively complete this innovation in the organization while protecting patient safety and quality of care.
- Outline the steps that are needed to put the innovation into practice.
- Evaluation: Suggests 2–3 questions that will measure the innovation’s effectiveness.
- Conclusion: Summarize your report.
- Citations and references: Use at least 2–3 current (from within the last 5 years) peer-reviewed journals, and cite them in APA format.
Please click on this APA Style for CTU Students link for help with APA formatting. Use the CTU Writing Style Guide (templates provided)—not the Introductory Writing Style Guide.
Individual Project Rubric
The Individual Project (IP) Grading Rubric is a scoring tool that represents the performance expectations for the IP. This Individual Project Grading Rubric is divided into components that provide a clear description of what should be included within each component of the IP. It is the road map that can help you in the development of your IP. Individual Project Grading Rubric