Primary Discussion Response is due by Friday (11:59:59pm Central), Peer Responses are due by Tuesday (11:59:59pm Central).
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 250 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. You are required to use 1 scholarly resource in addition to your textbook. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
You are now the manager of your nursing department or clinical area. A new chief executive officer (CEO) has taken over the top leadership position and is requiring every nurse manager to develop at least one innovative strategy to promote quality patient care. Your CEO has requested you conduct an analysis of an innovation in health care. Address the following;
- Choose 1 innovation from the following categories, and identify 1 particular area in your clinical setting in which this innovation is used:
- Innovations in health care technology
- Innovative products
- Innovative designs
- Innovative service delivery systems
- Innovative operations
- Discuss how this particular innovation is used in your clinical setting.
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?
Discussion Board Rubric
The Discussion Board Grading Rubric is a scoring tool that represents the performance expectations for the discussion. This Discussion Board Grading Rubric is divided into components that provide a clear description of what should be included within each component of the discussion. It is the road map that can help lead your discussion. Discussion Board Grading Rubric