Primary Discussion Response is due by Friday (11:59:59pm Central), Peer Responses are due by Tuesday (11:59:59pm Central).
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 250 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. You are required to use 1 scholarly resource in addition to your textbook. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
To continue building the case for change with your supervisor, plan to present some key quantitative evidence or research to support your idea for changes in patient care in your clinical setting. Include the following:
- Find a quantitative research article from current peer-reviewed journals (from within the past 5 years) in the CTU Library. Provide a summary of the article that includes the following:
- The purpose of the research and research question
- The target population
- The study methodology
- The results of the study
- Summarize the limitations of the study.
- Summarize the conclusions of the study, and tell why the study is significant to nursing.
- Include at least 1 reference to research sources; all sources should be cited using APA format.
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?
Discussion Board Rubric
The Discussion Board Grading Rubric is a scoring tool that represents the performance expectations for the discussion. This Discussion Board Grading Rubric is divided into components that provide a clear description of what should be included within each component of the discussion. It’s the roadmap that can help lead your discussion. Discussion Board Grading Rubric