Medication errors are the number one patient safety issue at most medical facilities.
You are a member of the risk management team at a medical facility. You have been assigned to develop a professional paper that will assist nurse managers in reducing the number of errors made by new employees concerning medication. Your paper should include all of the following:
- Discuss the most frequent cause and incidence rate of medication errors at a medical facility.
- Incorporate the continuous quality improvement (CQI) process into the identification, implementation, and measure of the plan to reduce the medication errors.
- Discuss the rationale for reducing the errors.
- Give at least 2 actions that the nurse should take to assist with the reduction of errors.
- Cite at least 3 scholarly sources. Two of the sources must be recent (within the past 5 years), and the third source must come from an Institute of Medicine (IOM) report that is related to medication errors.
Please click on this APA Style for CTU Students link for help with APA formatting. Use the CTU Writing Style Guide (templates provided)—not the Introductory Writing Style Guide.
Individual Project Rubric
The Individual Project (IP) Grading Rubric is a scoring tool that represents the performance expectations for the IP. This grading rubric is divided into components that provide a clear description of what should be included within each component of the IP. It’s the roadmap that can help you in the development of your IP. Individual Project Grading Rubric