Students will complete a self-reflection assignment for the purpose of validating their personal progress and academic growth in NR 601. The goal for this activity is to engage the student in considering how their clinical abilities and professional growth are advancing .
Activity Learning Outcomes
Through this discussion, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
- Reflect upon how the assigned program outcome, MSN Essential and NONFP competencies have been achieved in NR 601. (WO7.4) (CO1-7)
- Link course assignments and clinical activities to the assigned program outcome, MSN Essential and NONPF competencies. (WO7.4) (CO1-7)
Assignment must be submitted by Saturday 11:59 p.m. MT of Week 7
A 10% late penalty will be imposed for discussions posted after the deadline on Saturday Week 7 regardless of the number of days late. NOTHING will be accepted after 11:59pm MT on Saturday (i.e. student will receive an automatic 0).
Total Points Possible: 40
Reflect over the past seven weeks and describe how the achievement of the course outcomes in this course have prepared you to meet:
- MSN program Outcome # 5
- MSN Essential # VIII
- NONPF Nurse Practitioner Core Competency # 8
Chamberlain College of Nursing Program Outcome #5
Advocates for positive health outcomes through compassionate, evidence-based, collaborative advanced nursing practice. (Extraordinary nursing)
Masters Essential VIII: Clinical Prevention and Population Health for Improving Health
- Integrate clinical prevention and population health concepts in the development of culturally relevant and linguistically appropriate health education, communication strategies, and interventions.
- Design patient-centered and culturally responsive strategies in the delivery of clinical prevention and health promote on interventions and/or services to individuals, families, communities, and aggregates/clinical populations.
NONPF: #8 Ethics Competencies
- Integrates ethical principles in decision making.
- Evaluates the ethical consequences of decisions.
- Applies ethically sound solutions to complex issues related to individuals, populations and systems of care.
Students will reflect on each of the listed outcomes or competencies listed above individually and provide two (2) examples for each. Examples can be from course assignments or clinical experiences.
Review the assignment rubric for specific requirements for this reflection post.
**To see view the grading criteria/rubric, please click on the 3 dots in the box at the end of the solid gray bar above the discussion board title and then Show Rubric.
|DISCUSSION CONTENT Category Points % Description Program Outcome Achievement 12 30 The reflection specifically identifies and addresses the pre-determined program outcome and provides two (2) or more examples of how the student specifically achieved or had exposure to this outcome during this course/clinical. MSN Essential Competency 12 30 The reflection specifically identifies and addresses the pre-determined program outcome and provides two (2) or more examples of how the student specifically achieved or had exposure to this competency during this course/clinical. NP Competency Achievement 12 30 The reflection specifically identifies and addresses the pre-determined program outcome and provides examples of how the student specifically achieved this competency during this course/clinical. 1.Integrates ethical principles in decision making. 2.Evaluates the ethical consequences of decisions. 3.Applies ethically sound solutions to complex issues related to individuals, populations and systems of care 36 90 Total CONTENT Points= 36 pts DISCUSSION FORMAT Category Points % Description Grammar, Syntax, APA 4 10 APA format, grammar, spelling, and/or punctuation are accurate, or with zero to one error. Total FORMAT Points= 4 pts DISCUSSION TOTAL=40 points|