Week 3 – Discussion Forum 1
1717 unread replies.2626 replies.
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Refer to the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric under the Settings icon above for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
|Health and Wellness Jobs and Career Goals|
Use one of the job search engines (i.e. Monster, indeed, SimplyHired) to look for positions in the health and wellness arena. Also, many professional organizations post available positions on their websites.
Address the following elements:
- Explain two jobs that you would consider applying to. Provide details about these positions. Next, select one position you want to hone in on and explore further.
Tip: Paste the job description into a word document since web links may get deactivated.
- Appraise three to five specific skills, abilities, behaviors, attitudes, and/or knowledge areas you believe are important for success in the position. Clearly define and provide examples of each.
Tip: It is recommended that you review the responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities that are typically required for a specific occupation by visiting O*Net OnLine (Links to an external site.).
- Evaluate certifications or credentials, if any, that are required or recommended for the jobs you selected.
- Discuss the target population that you would be working with.
- State the salary range and any additional benefits as they apply for your selected positions.
- Assess transferrable skills. Which skills, acquired from previous positions or academically, will be relevant to your selected job?
- Create two specific short term and long term career objectives.
Include the link to your selected job so that your peers can also view this job opening and the particular requirements. Any sources used must be referenced (Links to an external site.) and cited (Links to an external site.) according to APA guidelines, as outlined in the Writing Center. Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length.