Week 2 Journal: Perceptions
[WLOs: 1, 2, 3] [CLOs: 1, 2, 4, 5, 6]
A person’s life experiences, culture, health status, lifestyle choices, relationships, perceptions, personality, and outlook on life can all be tied to stress, either positively or negatively. Many interventions are thoroughly discussed in your assigned readings for this week, which can be applied to prevent stress or to help better manage stressful responses. Now is a great time to gain additional insight and awareness into your inner self by exploring perceptions related to your awareness, attitudes, humor, personality, self-esteem, locus of control, anxiety, resiliency, and Prior to completing the journal assignment, read the article by Edmond et al., (2014), Distressing Relationships, Anger, and Stress Amplification in a Sample of Young Adult African Americans, listen to the Speaking of Psychology: The Stress of Money (Links to an external site.) podcast, review the Cleveland Clinic webpage on Stress: Coping With Life’s Stressors (Links to an external site.), and watch Body Language and Assertiveness: Workplace Essentials.
Next read Chapter 8: Perception Interventions. Chapter 8 includes several lab assessments pertaining to perceptions. For this journal assignment, please complete the following steps:
- Choose one lab assessment from Chapter 8 which you find most interesting to explore
- When completing the selected assessment, follow the directions
- Score your responses, as outlined within your
- Prepare a summary of the assessment, including your score, and the assessment outcomes.
- Develop an intervention to better manage your stress levels. Select an evidenced based method discussed in the course text (e.g., deep breathing, meditation, etc.).
- Explain why this intervention method was chosen and how you will know if the method is being effective.
Your journal should be one to two pages in length. Include an APA formatted title and reference page. Remember to cite and reference your course text and any additional resources you may have used for the completion of this assignment, according to APA Style (see APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.), APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.), and Introduction to APA (Links to an external site.) for more information).