Reminder: Initial Discussion Board posts due by Friday, responses due by Tuesday
Students will be expected to post their first initial discussion board posting by Friday of each week. Discussion posts will be graded and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Students are expected to post their responses to peers by Tuesday. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Strategic Partner Discussion
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write at least 350–550 words that will respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
HR professionals are often heard requesting a “seat at the table.” In other words, they have a desire to be viewed as a strategic business partner who is helping to drive change and implement policy.
- What do you see as some of the barriers HR professionals face in their efforts to be viewed as true business partners?
- What can the HR professional do to position him- or herself as a business partner?
- What is the significance in having that “place at the table”?
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least two of your fellow classmates with at least a 200–300 word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- How would this topic be of value to you in your life or career?
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.