Building the Final Paper
In this assignment, you will review the article you will be using as the basis of your final paper and describe its basic components. This week’s assignment is the foundation (i.e. “rough draft”) for your Week 5 final paper. (Please read the Week 5 final paper assignment instructions in the Week 5 tab prior to completing this assignment.) In your Week 5 final paper, you will then analyze each of the components that you describe in this assignment. You will utilize the feedback from your instructor on the Week 3 assignment to edit the content, which you should include in your final paper.
Review the articles (listed in the Week Five readings) by Crespo, Elder, Ayala, Slymen, Campbell, Sallis,…Arredondo (2012) and Duffy, Kilbourne, Austin, Dalack, Woltmann, Waxmonshy, & Noonan (2012) (Links to an external site.), and select one to use as the basis of your final paper. In your paper:
- Describe the hypothesis and/or research question posed by your selected study.
- Summarize the methodology used to address the research question/hypothesis.
- Describe the sampling methods used to obtain the study sample.
- Describe the measurement methods used to assess the research question.
- Explain the ethical considerations discussed by the author(s).
- Identify the author(s) conclusion(s).
- Describe the limitations of the study.
The assignment must be four to five pages in length, excluding the title and reference pages, and formatted according to APA guidelines as outlined in the Writing Center.
The Building the Final Paper assignment
- Must be written in your own words and may not include quotations. Papers including quotes will not be accepted. All content from outside sources must be paraphrased and cited appropriately.
- Must include an introduction that describes the topic of and provides a thesis for the paper.
- Must be four to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.