Review the articles by Peltzer, Preez, Ramlagan, & Fomundam (2008) (Links to an external site.) and Westrom, Maiers, Evans, & Bronfort (2010) (Links to an external site.), and select one to use as the basis of your assignment. In your paper:
- Describe the population being researched in this study.
- Summarize the methods used to identify the sample and recruit participants into the study.
- Compare the study sample to the population. Evaluate whether or not the study sample accurately reflects the population.
- Assess whether or not the study findings can be reliably generalized to the population based on the sampling methods.
- Propose one additional strategy that could have been used in the study to effectively sample the population to ensure the study results are generalizable to the population.
The assignment must be four to five pages in length, excluding the title and reference pages, and formatted according to APA guidelines as outlined in the Writing Center. Use at least two scholarly sources, in addition to the workbook article, to support your discussion. The scholarly sources should be from a peer-reviewed journal found in the University of Arizona Global Campus Library.
The Sampling paper
- Must be written in your own words and may not include quotations. Papers including quotes will not be accepted. All content from outside sources must be paraphrased and cited appropriately.
- Must be four to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two scholarly sources.
- Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.