Sections of a Research Article
Research articles follow a standard format and usually include the following sections: abstract, introduction, methods, results, discussion, and references. In this assignment, you will explain each of the sections of a research article and illustrate your understanding of each section utilizing the assigned article. Review the assigned article by Swendsen, Conway, Degenhardt, Glantz, Jin, Merikangas, Sampson, & Kessler (2010) (Links to an external site.) closely prior to writing your paper. In a three to four page paper:
The Sections of a Research Article paper
- Must be written in your own words and may not include quotations. Papers including quotes will not be accepted. All content from outside sources must be paraphrased and cited appropriately.
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two scholarly sources.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.