Week 1 – Discussion 1
5151 unread replies.6969 replies.
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Refer to the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric under the Settings icon above for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
|Overview of Systems|
In this course, the 12 systems of the human body (skeletal, muscular, integumentary, nervous, special senses, endocrine, cardiovascular, respiratory, lymphatic/immune, gastrointestinal, renal, and reproductive) are explored. For this discussion, you will choose and locate two body systems. Then, for each chosen body system you will:
- Briefly describe its major physiological functions.
- Identify the associated organs.
- Explain the relationship between normal system function and dysfunction.
- Provide one example of how dysfunction can lead to disease.
- Examine the interdependence of physiological systems in both health and disease.
- Briefly describe the importance of homeostasis as it relates to our health.
Use medical terminology and two scholarly sources to support your research and findings (one may be your course text). All sources must be referenced and cited according to APA guidelines as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length.