Week 4 – Discussion 1
4444 unread replies.6969 replies.
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Refer to the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric under the Settings icon above for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
|Experiencing Flexibility Training [WLOs: 1, 2] [CLOs: 1, 3]<|
For this discussion, you will experience a type of flexibility training and reflect on your experience. To prepare for this discussion, please read Chapter 5 in your text and review the required resources.
- To begin, select one of these practices: Tai Chi, yoga, or Pilates. Describe the benefits of your chosen practice and explain its relationship to wellness.
- Then, engage in one of these activities by taking a course at your local gym, a recreation center, park, or a private studio. If you do not have access to a live class, you may find a digital alternative such as a class from a website, the on-demand channel on TV, a fitness video game, or a DVD. Be creative in finding a class. You may also check your local library for videos.
- Next, examine your experience with flexibility training by addressing the following:
- Describe the session, the setting, and three exercises within the session.
- Which muscles did these three exercises address? You must use the correct medical terminology for the muscles used in each exercise.
- Examine the relationship between flexibility training and wellness by rating your stress level and muscle tension before and after the session on a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being the highest).
- Explain any differences you may have felt physically or mentally after the session.
- Would you continue to incorporate these exercises into your ongoing flexibility training and/or recommend this flexibility training to your friends or colleagues?
Your initial post must be a minimum of 250 words. Use at least one scholarly reference properly cited and referenced according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center