Week 2 – Discussion
4949 unread replies.6868 replies.
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Refer to the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric under the Settings icon above for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
|Cardiorespiratory Endurance [WLOs: 1, 2] [CLOs: 1, 3, 4]<|
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read Chapter 3 in your course text and the Aerobic Exercise Attenuates Ageing of the Athletic Heart (Banks, 2016) article. As you may have already noted, your final project is a PowerPoint presentation. Therefore, let’s work on creating effective presentations while also discussing cardiorespiratory endurance. Have fun!
- Appraise two factors affecting cardiorespiratory endurance performance (i.e., effectiveness of cardiovascular and respiratory systems, effectiveness of the pulmonary and systemic circuit, diet, hydration, genetics, gender, age, weight, altitude).
- Select one cardiorespiratory endurance exercise of your choice.
- Explain how your body creates energy when performing your chosen exercise for 30 minutes. Support your explanation with the course text or another scholarly source.
- Assess two responses and two adaptations that would result from performing your chosen exercise (and/or other cardiorespiratory endurance exercises) on a regular basis.
- Examine the relationship between cardiorespiratory endurance and wellness by describing two health-related benefits you are currently reaping or hoping to reap from your chosen exercise and regular cardiorespiratory endurance training.
- Create a PowerPoint presentation with this information listed above and add speaker notes beneath each slide.
- Length: four slides, plus a title and reference slide (six slides total at a minimum).
- Support your research with your course text and at least one additional scholarly source.
- All sources must be cited within your presentation and referenced in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Review the rubric download, which you will be reviewed on by your peers, prior to finalizing your PowerPoint presentation.
- Attach your PowerPoint presentation to your initial discussion post. Please do not convert your presentation to PDF as the speaker notes sections cannot be viewed in PDF format.
Creating the PowerPoint Presentation
Presenting engaging multimedia content also improves learner retention of information. Include visual enhancements in your presentation. Include appropriate images, a consistent font, appropriate animations, and transitions from content piece to content piece and slide to slide. (Images should be cited in APA format as outlined by the Ashford Writing Center guide to Tables, Images, & Appendices (Links to an external site.). Students may wish to use the Where to Get Free (and Legal) Images Guide (Links to an external site.) for assistance with accessing freely available public domain and/or Creative Commons licensed images. It is recommended that you access Garr Reynolds Top Ten Slide Tips (Links to an external site.) and Simple Rules for Better PowerPoint Presentations (Links to an external site.), which provide useful assistance with creating successful PowerPoint presentations.