Case Study: Joe
[WLOs: 3, 4, 5] [CLOs: 1, 3, 4]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read this week’s assigned chapters from your course text and view the Lifelong Physical Activity (Links to an external site.) video. Imagine the following: Since you are a senior, you are interning as a health and wellness coach at YouFit, a large wellness center in New York City, over the summer. Joe, a potential new client at YouFit, approaches you and asks several questions regarding fitness and wellness, as well as exercise and injury prevention. Click on this video (Links to an external site.) to hear Joe’s introduction and questions.
In order to help Joe, address the following as if you were directly speaking to Joe (direct voice):
- In your own words, differentiate between physical activity, exercise, and physical fitness.
- Assess the benefits of regular exercise.
- Summarize the results of one scholarly research study download(choose any one study from your Ashford University Library, examining the relationship between exercise and one of the benefits mentioned in your text) to further underscore the benefits of exercise. Support your research summary with one scholarly resource.
- Assess the five major components of health-related physical fitness and briefly explain why it is important to integrate all five components.
- After reviewing the principles of exercise training, examine three principles that would be important for a novice, such as Joe.
- Appraise two special considerations, pertaining to exercise and injury prevention that would be applicable for Joe.
- Submit your assignment for grading using the Assignment Submission Button.
Note: You are encouraged to integrate any feedback from your instructor and upload the assignment to your ePortfolio. Learn more about Folio, Ashford’s ePortfolio tool, by viewing the Folio Quick Start Guide (Links to an external site.).
The Case Study: Joe
- Must be four to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of Assignment
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two scholarly and/or credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must use subheadings throughout.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion, as well as a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.