Week 5 – Final Project
Teaching and Learning Issues Within a Cognitive Context
To create your Final Project, you will choose one of the groups or issues below to address a current issue in education.
- Describe the issue, being sure to identify the relevant age and/or grade levels.
- Explain why the issue poses a problem or concern, being sure to address human development and cognitive processes.
- Discuss at least one innovative teaching and/or learning strategy to address this issue, including justification from brain research.
Choose one of the following issues or groups:
- The distressed/stressed learner
- Poverty, homelessness, and hunger
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Single gender classrooms
- Supporting alternative learning behaviors
- Hearing loss
- Speech and language delay
- Early language development and literacy
- Adolescent language development and literacy
You must use and cite at least four scholarly sources in addition to the course text. Your paper should be eight to ten pages with proper formatting according to the 6th edition of the APA style manual (including Times New Roman, 12 point font, with double line spacing and one inch margins).
The paper must also demonstrate clear writing with proper grammar, sentence, structure, paragraph development, and essay organization (introduction with thesis statement and conclusion that summarizes main points).