Argumentative Essay Outline
Click each source below:
- Model Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Assignment Template download
- Essay Structure (Links to an external site.)
- APA Guide (Links to an external site.)
- Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.)
The Week 2 assignment is a formal outline for your academic argument, which requires understanding of weekly instructor guidance and College Writing Handbook chapters 1, 3, and section 2.1. In Week 1, you developed your topic and constructed a research question. In Week 1, you developed your topic and constructed a research question. This week, you’ve researched the topic and can begin to develop your argument. Create your argument based on the information you have gathered through research and tracked in your research notebook.
In this assignment, you will show that you are achieving important learning outcomes:
- Interpret information through close and critical reading.
- Demonstrate effective use of the writing process.
- Employ effective academic tone, style, mechanics, and citation method.
- Integrate relevant source material effectively and ethically.
- Support a position appropriate to the rhetorical situation.
You will submit a formal, alphanumeric, full-sentence outline formatted in proper APA style. The outline must organize your argument into an introduction, conclusion, and at least five body sections (approximately 550 words or more). The introduction section must include a working thesis statement, which is an arguable response to your research question. Each body section should contain a topic sentence and subordinate claims and evidence from at least five credible and scholarly sources. Paraphrases, summaries, and quotes must be cited accurately and used with integrity. This assignment requires a title page and a reference list.
If you have any questions about the requirements of this assignment, please contact your instructor right away. Your assignment may lose its formatting when it is converted in the Waypoint grading system. To preserve formatting, please submit your assignment as a PDF file