Argumentative Essay Final Draft
[WLO: 3] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
Click each source below:
- Model Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Assignment Template download (Links to an external site.)
- APA Guide (Links to an external site.)
- Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.)
The Week 5 assignment is the culmination of your hard work in ENG122. You will submit your final research-based academic argument. Weekly instructor guidance, prior assignment feedback, and Chapter 5 in your course text, College Writing Handbook, will help you complete final revisions and edits. In this assignment, you will show that you have achieved all course learning outcomes:
- Interpret information through close and critical reading.
- Demonstrate effective use of the writing process.
- Employ effective academic tone, style, mechanics, and citation method.
- Integrate relevant source material effectively and ethically.
- Support a position appropriate to the rhetorical situation.
You will submit a five- to seven-page (1,250 to 1,800 word) well-structured essay that is formatted in proper APA style. This final draft assignment must integrate prior feedback and show effective improvement from the prior rough draft assignment. Your essay is expected to be the product of a complete and thorough writing process.
The argument presented in your essay must be sound, valid, and based upon evidence from at least eight credible sources—at least five of which must be scholarly. (Review the Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table for more information about appropriate sources). Information and evidence must be integrated properly, cited accurately, and used with integrity. The essay must be appropriate for an academic audience.
If you have any questions about the requirements of this assignment, please contact your instructor right away. This assignment will be assessed on a 100-point scale and is worth 30% of your final grade. Your assignment may lose its formatting when it is converted in the Waypoint grading system. To preserve formatting, please submit your assignment as a PDF file.