Final Paper and Folio
You will create a Folio that includes redesigned activities from prior coursework in your program (MACI, MAECEL, MAED, MASE, or MATLT) download that demonstrate your competency with your Programs Learning Outcomes, which are also the Course Learning Outcomes for EDU 696. Additionally, you will write a narrative reflection of your experience with the program and the Folio construction. The overarching goal of this Final Paper and Folio assignment is to showcase learning from your Master’s Program in a consolidated, web-based format that can easily be shared with anyone: colleagues, potential or current employers, friends, family members, and others. Within this Folio, you will tell the story of your educational journey and value of your personal Master’s experience as it applies to the labor market. Remember, the Folio is your chance to show what you know and are able to do in the practice of teaching and learning with technology. You will submit a link to your Folio and attach your paper portion of the assignment in a Week Six discussion for preliminary feedback by peers and the instructor before the final submission. The earlier you submit in the Week Six discussion the more opportunity you have for input from your peers and instructor to improve your work before the final submission of this assignment.
Creating the Final Paper and Folio
Please include a link to the Folio within the paper portion of this assignment. As needed, refer to your Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs) list (MACI, MAECEL, MAED, MASE, or MATLT download). Then, create your final assignment to meet the content and written communication expectations below.
- Folio Components (5 Points): Include at least one artifact demonstrating mastery for each of your Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs) (MACI, MAECEL, MASE, or MATLT).
- Folio Design (3 Points): Design the Folio to be professional in appearance. Be sure to exemplify effective and ethical uses of technology so that the Folio logically organized in a visually appealing way.
- Narrative – Ranking (5 Points): In no more than one paragraph for each Program Learning Outcomes, rank and discuss the importance of each PLOs to your individual work setting, including an explanation of each ranking and its value to you in your learning environment or your position. Discuss how you currently use each PLO in your work setting and, if PLOs are not used, discuss ways you might begin to use them in your current or future work setting. If you are unemployed or otherwise do not work in a teaching role, you can either (a) use a previous work location, or (b) imagine the perfect work location (e.g., your dream job), and use that fictional work center to rank and discuss each PLO. The overall goal of this section of the narrative is to rank each PLO according to its importance to you as an educator or potential educator, starting by listing the most important PLO to you first.
- Narrative – Challenges and Solutions (5 Points): In no more than two paragraphs discusses the design and development challenges experienced while creating the Folio and how challenges were overcome.
Written Communication Expectations
- Page Requirement (.5 points): Include one paragraph for each of the Program Learning Outcomes for a total of two to three pages (not including the title and reference pages).
- APA Formatting (.5 points): Use APA formatting consistently throughout the assignment.
- Syntax and Mechanics (.5 points): Display meticulous comprehension and organization of syntax and mechanics, such as spelling and grammar.
- Source Requirement (.5 points): Reference three scholarly sources in addition to the course textbook.
- All sources on the references page need to be used and cited correctly within the body of the assignment.
For information related to APA style, including samples and tutorials, please visit the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
Next Steps: Review and Submit the Assignment
Review your assignment with the Grading Rubric to be sure you have achieved the distinguished levels of performance for each criterion. Next, submit the assignment for evaluation no later than Day 7.