Week 2 – Discussion
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Refer to the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric under the Settings icon above for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
“…Multiple intelligences describe an individual’s strengths or capacities; learning styles describe an individual’s traits that relate to where and how one best learns” (Tomlinson, 2001).
This week you’ve read about the importance of getting to know your students in order to create relevant and engaging lesson plans that cater to multiple intelligences and are multimodal.
A. Using SurveyMonkey (Links to an external site.), create a survey that has:
- At least five questions based on Gardner’s theory of multiple intelligences
- At least five additional questions on individual learning style inventory
- A specific targeted student population grade level (elementary/ middle/ high school/adults)
- Include the survey link for your peers
B. Post a minimum 150 word introduction to your survey, using at least one research-based article (cited in APA format) explaining how it will:
- Evaluate students’ levels of readiness.
- Use knowledge of the student’s Multiple Intelligences, Learning Style Preferences, and Levels of Readiness to assist in the creation of differentiated lesson plans.
Guided Response: Take the survey of at least two of your peers, assuming the role of a student attempting to create an individualized learning style. What could be added to more accurately assess your abilities in terms of learning styles/preferences? Make suggestions based on the article you cited in your prompt, other articles you’ve read, and information from this week’s readings. Write two additional questions that will enhance your peer’s survey. Be sure that all in-text citations included have an APA formatted reference at the conclusion of your response.