Week 5 – Discussion 2
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Refer to the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric under the Settings icon above for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
|Program and Course Reflection|
To prepare for this discussion:
- Access the Program Learning Outcomes chart to review the Program Learning Outcomes (What you’ll learn) for your program.
- BA Child Development (BACD)
- BA Cognitive Studies (BACS)
- BA Early Childhood Development with Differentiated Instruction (BAECDDI)
- BA Early Childhood Education (BAECE)
- BA Early Childhood Administration (BAECEA)
- BA Education Studies (BAES)
- BA English Language Learner Studies (BAELLS)
- BA Instructional Design (BAID)
- BA Library Science and Media (BALS)
- Review the Course Learning Outcomes (CLO’s) for our course, EDU 499:
- Synthesize theories, knowledge and professional standards related to the field of study.
- Assess multiple influences such as social and cultural factors, contemporary issues, and trends on practice.
- Apply evidence-based strategies, approaches, and technologies related to the field of study.
- Explain environments that support optimal outcomes to the field of study.
- Propose professional and ethical based practices that emphasize access, participation, and partnerships.
In your initial post:
Reflect on the program learning outcomes and the course learning outcomes by including the following:
- Program Learning Outcomes
- Explain how achieving each of the Program Learning Outcome has supported your professional goals. Provide at least one specific example of how for EACH Program Learning Outcomes..
- Explain whether you feel you are competent in EACH Program Learning Outcome and why.
- Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs) for our course, EDU499:
- Explain how achieving EACH of the CLOs has supported your professional goals. Provide at least one specific example of how for EACH Course Learning Outcome.
- Explain whether you feel you are competent in EACH CLO and why.
Guided Response: Post responses to at least two classmates. Provide suggestions and/or resources for peers to support their plans for staying competent or achieving competency with each Course Learning Outcome as well as their respective fields.