Week 3 – Discussion
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Refer to the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric under the Settings icon above for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
Prior to participating in this discussion, explore the Real-Life Challenges in Education (Links to an external site.) interactive.
Your supervisor would like you to create a flyer to begin generating interest for your upcoming workshop. However, since this is a document that will be displayed throughout the center, your supervisor has requested you create this and share it with your peers at the center for feedback, before public display. The one-page flyer can be completed in Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Canva.com or an option of your choice. This assignment will be submitted both in this discussion forum and in your Summative Template; it is a part of the complete package. You will save the file as a PDF and submit to the discussion forum for peer feedback. Here is the Canines with Manners summative flyer example.
In your initial post,
- You will upload a PDF file of your Workshop Flyer which will include
- The title of the workshop that will be presented at the Ashford Multigenerational Center.
- The objective/purpose of the workshop.
- The target audience (who should attend).
- Your name (as the presenter).
- Time, date, and place.
- An image to represent the content.
- Your flyer will
- Be colorful and engaging.
- Be organized in a clear layout, and easy for the reader to navigate.
- You will state the following in the Discussion Forum in addition to the flyer:
- State your degree program.
- The position you interviewed for at the Ashford Multigenerational Center.
- Your clients.
- Title of your workshop.
- Topic of your workshop.
- Why you chose this topic for your workshop.
- Your biggest concern about hosting this workshop.
Guided Response: Please respond to at least two of your peers, as early in the learning week as possible so they can make improvements to their final draft. Offer your peers feedback based on the following points:
- Is the flyer clear and easy to follow?
- Is the flyer engaging and does it make you want to attend the workshop?
- Is the objective of the workshop clear? Do you know what you should be learning?
- Do you know who should attend this workshop?
- Does this flyer make you interested in attending the workshop? Why or why not?
What other suggestions do you have for your peers?