Career Vision Plan Essay and Professional Career Philosophy Statement
Now that you are at the completion of NU499 and the BSN program, it is time to look ahead to your future career plans. In this Assignment, you will be asked to develop an expository essay describing a Career Vision Plan and Professional Career Philosophy Statement.
The Career Vision Plan:
In essay format, discuss the following:
Plans for future career development:
- What are your immediate, midrange, and long-term career goals?
- Include a timeline with your description: this can be in the form of a table, chart, or other type of graphic representation.
- Include a discussion of how you plan to reach each of these goals.
Plans for effective networking strategies:
- Describe at least three networking strategies you will employ in your career.
- Create a list of at least three individuals you plan to contact to start the networking process — list job titles of these individuals.
Plans for mentoring strategies:
- Who will you choose as a mentor and why?
- Who can you mentor now that you are a BSN?
- Discuss how you can create your own personal brand.
- How will you market yourself to advance your career?
- What attributes will you highlight about yourself in your personal branding?
- Discuss how you can use this marketing to advance your career.
Part 2: Professional Career Philosophy
In this portion of the Assignment, you will be writing your Professional Career Philosophy Statement. This is a 1- to 2-page statement in which you will describe how you plan to use your newly earned BSN to reflect the necessary ethical and professional values of the BSN-prepared RN. This should be written as a first-person statement describing how you are committed to these ethics/values and how you will reflect this commitment within your future practice. You must use 2–3 supporting resources. Consider addressing items such as:
- Empathy and Caring
- Critical Thinking
- Four Basic Ethical Principles: Autonomy, Beneficence, Nonmaleficence, and Justice
- Truthfulness and Confidentiality
- Dependability and Responsibility
- Honesty and Integrity
The essay should be 4–5 pages in length. Essay should include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. The paper should use two scholarly references with in-text citations.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary;
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors; and
- review APA formatting and citation information found in the Writing Center, online, or elsewhere in the course.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th edition format for organization, style, and crediting sources, including:
- properly formatted header
- 12-point, double-spaced, Times New Roman font
- in-text citations
- title page and reference page
- headings (if applicable)
Submit the Assignment to the Assignment Dropbox before midnight on the last day of the unit.
Summative Evaluation Form and Phone Conference
At the end of this course, you will have a phone conference with your faculty. You will need to complete the Summative Evaluation Form (located under Course Resources) prior to that call. This form will be used to review the program outcomes with your faculty. Your faculty will contact you to set up a time for the phone conference.