Primary Discussion Response is due by Friday (11:59:59pm Central), Peer Responses are due by Tuesday (11:59:59pm Central).
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 250 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. You are required to use 1 scholarly resource, in addition to your textbook. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Summative Discussion Board
Review and reflect on the knowledge that you have gained from this course. Based on your review and reflection, write at least 3 paragraphs on the following:
- As you reflect on the American Association of Colleges of Nursing’s (AACN’s) Essentials of Baccalaureate Education in Nursing, what Essentials did this course assist you in meeting?
- How will you integrate your newly learned theory into current practice?
- How will practiced integration of these Essentials improve patient outcomes?
- How did this course content help to build on your knowledge from your pre-licensure nursing program?
- The main post should include at least 1 scholarly reference to research sources published within the past 5 years, and all sources should be cited using APA format.
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?
Discussion Board Rubric
The Discussion Board Grading Rubric is a scoring tool that represents the performance expectations for the discussion. This grading rubric is divided into components that provide a clear description of what should be included within each component of the discussion. It is the road map that can help lead your discussion. Discussion Board Grading Rubric
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.